Anxiety and depression: Sometimes one person has both medical conditions. While they both are different medical conditions but they share similarities. The causes, symptoms, and treatment of both conditions might be overlaps.
The feel of Depression and Anxiety:
When someone suffering from depression, it seems everything dull and muted. The person also feels very weak, low, everything can feel very slowed down, and thoughts and reactions to everything. Feeling of sadness, hopelessness, lack believes that positive things occur, and having suicidal thoughts.
When someone suffering from anxiety everything can feel very heightened. The apprehension of what happens and what could happen in the future. Worried and thought about something that happens could be wrong. Feeling like run away and avoid those things that cause anxiety.
• Anxiety is a sense of fear or dread that something terrible is going to happen. Anxiety can be general or specific to a place, social situation, or thing (phobia).
• Depression refers to an experience where you feel down most of the time.
• which is called “low mood” and you have also lost interest in things you usually enjoy. You may also have changes in your sleep, appetite, feel guilty, de-motivated, and generally withdraw from others.
Similarities in feelings of severe despondency and dejection and fear
One of the reasons that both the condition have similarity is in both condition the person experience change in the neurosomatic system especially serotonin. Because of these neurosomatic changes they can share symptoms and both contributes to the development of each other.
- It’s not uncommon to feel down or anxious for a short period of time, especially in response to specific life circumstances (for example, loss of a loved one, receiving a diagnosis of a physical illness, starting a new job or school, experiencing financial problems, etc.).
- Symptoms must be persistent (typically for several months) and debilitating to reach the diagnostic threshold of an anxiety disorder.
- When the linked symptoms occur more frequently than not for at least a couple of weeks, mood disorders are identified.
Difference between anxiety and depression symptoms
- Due to constant worrying, a person feels restless and simultaneously mixes with people, which has a great effect on his social life. Both anxiety and depression have an impact on people’s social life.
- Worrying excessively makes a person feel tired throughout the day. In the case of anxiety and depression, these symptoms can be different in humans. In a state of depression, a person does not want to do anything on his own.
- Due to anxiety, people may have difficulty focusing while doing some work. A person has to face this problem in both anxiety and depression.
- Due to anxiety and depression, a person becomes very irritable.
- Due to anxiety, people can remain tense in their muscles.
- People who are suffering from anxiety and depression are unable to control their emotions and become emotionally very weak.
- A person suffering from anxiety and depression is not able to get enough sleep.
- suicidal ideation the most serious symptom of depression is suicidal ideation. The whole time having thoughts or planning to end your life and feeling that there is no longer an option.
- If these signs are seen in a family member or friend, then the first thing to do is to talk to him. If that person speaks his mind, then he will feel lighter. Maybe there is a way out. Also, explain to him that there is a cure for every disease. People have been cured by getting treatment for depression.
- A common disappointment includes:-
Reduced sexual desire.
Feeling of emptiness
Withdrawal from surroundings
Loss of appetite
alcohol or substance abuse.
Can depression give you anxiety
Commonly anxiety cause depression. Both medical conditions due to neurosomatic changes can feel natural. Someone having depression rarely thinks that they are suffering from depression because they have set their mind genuinely and whatever they feel their feelings are true. Someone with anxiety often feels the same way, though with anxiety people accept this very hard that they are suffering from this.
Medicines for Depression and anxiety
Treatment for depression and anxiety varies upon the symptoms and circumstances. However, medication and talking therapies can also cure depression and anxiety.
Anxiety and Depression medications include:–
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRI): Citalopram (Celexa), Escitalopram Oxalate (Lexapro), Fluoxetine (Prozac), Fluvoxamine (Luvox), Paroxetine HRI (Paxil), and Sertraline (Zoloft) these affect other serotonin receptors.
- .Selective Serotonin and Norepinephrine inhibitors (SNRI): Such as Desvenlafaxine(Khedezla), Desvenlafaxine succinate(Pristiq), Duloxetine (Cymbalta), Levomilnacipran (Fetzima), and Venlafaxine (Effexor).
- Tetracyclic antidepressants: These are noradrenergic and specific serotonergic antidepressants such as Remeron, Elavil, Imipramine (Tofranil), Nortriptyline(Pamelor), and Sinequan.
- Monoamine Oxidase inhibitor (MAOIs): Such as Isocarboxazid(Marplan), Phenelzine(Nardil), Selegiline(EMSAM), and tranylcypromine( Parnate).
Your healthcare provider can determine which drug is right for you. Side effects vary or depending upon what type of medication you are taking and may improve once your body adjusts to the medication.
We often think of being anxious as being stress, but the reasons for both are different. Anxiety stems from fear and negative things, but the causes of stress are different. “Workload at our workplace, pressure to get the job done quickly, problems at home, and financial factors create stress. Gradually it starts affecting our behavior. Including irritability, nervousness, headache, disordered sleep, sadness, weakness, lethargy, lack of interest in any work, loss of appetite, loss of desire for sex, urge to cry, in self-confidence Lack, feeling helpless, the future looks bleak, heart palpitations, feeling guilty for no reason, and suicidal thoughts are all caused by stress.
- In some cases, the stress is also biological. Symptoms like lethargy, lack of self-confidence, and sadness tend to worsen in the family environment.
- Stress builds up and gives rise to depression. To avoid stress, the most important thing is to get enough sleep, change the routine to make it positive and productive, include physical activities like exercise, yoga, meditation, etc. Avoid using too much.
- In today’s social media era, you get more anxiety and stress-increasing content than happiness on social sites. Along with this, there should be counseling on what are the concerns.
- At the same time, emphasis should be laid on bringing about a change in behavior. Efforts should be made to bring about a change in attitude. Even after this, if you feel that the stress is not reducing, then definitely consult a doctor.
Consult your doctor
Despite this, you still feel depressed for a few weeks, so talk to your doctor. Your doctor will discuss your symptoms with you and suggest treatment.
Psychological help or medication is usually used to treat anxiety and depression. In many cases, both of these may be needed. Your doctor can decide which of these two methods is better for you after assessing your mental state. Also, do not take any medicine without a doctor’s advice.
For a proper remedy for both anxiety and depression, it is necessary to know the difference between them. Every person has some worry, anxiety about his everyday work. But, if a person starts worrying more and thinks deeply about every little thing, due to which tension starts, then it is a matter of thinking.
We hope you liked this article of ours. In this article, I have tried to give most of the information related to anxiety and depression, which can be very useful for you. If you have any of the mental problems mentioned above, then using the treatment mentioned above can be beneficial for you. Just keep in mind that not every treatment is safe. Consult your doctor or herbalist before using it, only then use it. If you want to know the answer to any kind of question-related to anxiety or depression, then it would be better to understand from the experts.