Effexor (Venlafaxine) belongs to a group of drugs known as selective serotonin. This medicine acts as a depressant by controlling the unbalanced chemicals in the brain that cause depression. The drug is quite effective with Venlafaxine in the treatment of mental illnesses like panic disorder, anxiety, and depressive disorder. Patients with narrow-angle glaucoma are usually not prescribed.
People who are allergic to any of the components of the medicine are also not recommended to use it. Individuals who are under the treatment of methylene blue injection are also not prescribed Effexor. If you have any of the following health problems, also discuss the benefits and drawbacks of taking the medicine with your doctor before you start using it. they are-
- Manic Depression is Also Known As Bipolar Disorder.
- Such as diabetes
- Thyroid disorder
- Problems with seizures
- Kidney issues
- Heart problems
How to use Effexor oral
- Before you start taking venlafaxine also read the Medication Guide and, if available also the Patient Information Leaflet issued by your pharmacist, as well as each time you get a refill. Inquire with your doctor or pharmacist if you have any concerns.
- Once-daily with food, either in the morning or evening.
- Venlafaxine should be taken exactly as it has been prescribed. Take this medicine with your meal at a specific time of day. The tablet is not meant to be chewed or crushed. Make sure you swallow it whole. Do not stop Effexor very suddenly as it can result in serious complications.
- Like most medicines, Effexor also leads to some side effects such as asthenia including nausea, constipation and diarrhea or dizziness, anorexia, as well as loss of appetite also insomnia, or problems with ejaculation in the case of men. Some of these side effects are quite common and will go away after some time. Other side effects like chest pain mood swings and irregular heartbeat are more serious and should be reported to your medical advisor.
- The dosage is determined by your medical condition and treatment response. Your doctor may advise you to begin taking this medicine at a low dose and gradually raise it to avoid the chance of adverse effects. Carefully follow your doctor\’s recommendations. To receive the best benefit from this drug, take it on a daily basis. Take it at the same time every day to help you remember.
- It may take a few weeks for you to notice the effects of this drug. If your issue persists or worsens, contact your doctor.
Side Effects of Effexor
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of the Effexor capsule. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible but do not always occur. Include Some side effects are rare but can be serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects and especially if they do not go away.
- Abnormal urination during the day
- Increased muscle contraction
- Such as Nausea
- Inability to erect
- Unable to sleep
- Tightness in chest
- Irregular heartbeat
- Frequent increase in blood cholesterol
- Blood vessel dilation
- Such as Vomit
- Decreased sexual desire
- Involuntary muscle contraction and relaxation
- Abnormal ejaculation in men
- Dry mouth
- Loose urine
- High blood pressure
- Visual disturbance
- Visual anomaly
- Decreased irritability or excitement
- Abnormal skin feeling
- Loss of appetite
- Such as Dizziness
- Menstrual disorders
- Heavyweight loss
- Such as headache
This medicine seldom causes a severe allergic reaction. However, if you detect any symptoms of a major allergic response, such as a rash, itching, or swelling (particularly of the face and tongue or throat), Such as extreme dizziness, or problems breathing, seek medical treatment right away. This isn’t an exhaustive list of potential adverse effects. Contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any other side effects not listed above.
- If you are allergic to venlafaxine or desvenlafaxine, or if you have any other allergies, notify your doctor or pharmacist before taking it. Inactive chemicals may be included in this product, causing allergic reactions or other issues. For further information also speak with your pharmacist.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist about any previous medical problems you’ve had, especially if you’ve had bleeding problems, glaucoma (angle-closure type), Such as high blood pressure also heart problems (such as heart failure, previous heart attack), high cholesterol also kidney disease, and liver disease include seizure disorder or thyroid disease.
- This medication may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or blurred vision. You may become dizzy or sleepy if you consume alcohol. Do not drive, as well as operate machinery, or perform any other activity that requires alertness or clear vision until you are sure you can do so safely. Alcoholic beverages should be avoided.
- Before surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use (including prescription drugs also nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
- Children under 18.
- This drug should only be taken during pregnancy if absolutely necessary. It has the potential to harm an unborn child. In addition, newborns born to moms who used this medicine during the last three months of pregnancy may experience withdrawal symptoms such as feeding or breathing problems including seizures, muscular stiffness, or persistent crying. Notify your doctor right once you observe any of these signs in your newborn.
- You are considering pregnancy, are pregnant, or suspect you are pregnant, and talk to your doctor right away about the advantages and dangers of taking this medicine during pregnancy.
- Feeding The Beast.
- Drug interactions can cause your prescriptions to perform differently or put you at risk for dangerous adverse effects. This list does not include all potential medication interactions. Keep a list of everything you use (including prescription and nonprescription pharmaceuticals, as well as herbal products) and discuss it with your doctor and pharmacist. Without your doctor\’s permission, also do not start, stop, or modify the dosage of any medications.
- If you’re taking any other drowsy medications, such as opioid pain relievers (codeine or hydrocodone), alcohol, marijuana (cannabis), sleep or anxiety medications (alprazolam, lorazepam, or zolpidem), Such as muscle relaxants (carisoprodol, cyclobenzaprine), or antihistamines, also tell your doctor or pharmacist (such as cetirizine, diphenhydramine).
- All of your drugs (such as allergy or cough-and-cold remedies) should be checked for components that induce drowsiness. Inquire with your pharmacist about the safe use of certain products.
- Venlafaxine is quite similar. When taking venlafaxine, also avoid taking any drugs that include desvenlafaxine.
- Certain lab tests (particularly amphetamine urine tests) may be affected by this medicine, also resulting in erroneous test findings. Make sure lab personnel and all of your
- doctors are aware that you are taking this medication.
Other important Information on Venlafaxine
- Do not take more than the prescribed dosage. Using too much of the drug will not improve your symptoms, but can lead to toxicity or serious side effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else may have overdosed on Venlafaxine capsules, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital or nursing home.
- Carry the medicine box, container, or label with you to help doctors get the information they need hence.
- Never give your medicines to other people if you know someone has the same condition as yours or if it appears that they have the same condition as yours. This can lead to an overdose of the drug hence.
- Consult your doctor pharmacist or product package for more details.
Do not share this medication with others. Keep all medical and psychiatric appointments as scheduled. To monitor your progress or check for adverse effects, laboratory or medical tests (such as blood pressure and cholesterol) should be done on a regular basis hence. For more information, talk to your doctor.
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If the time for your next dose is near, skip the missed dose and resume your dosing schedule. Do not take extra medicine to make up for the missed dose. Set an alarm or ask a family member to remind you if you regularly forget to take your doses. If you have recently missed multiple doses, please consult your doctor to discuss changes in timings and new timings to make up for the missed medicines.
- Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not keep medicines in the freezer unless instructed to do so according to the package inside. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
- Do not flush the medicine down the toilet or drain unless directed to do so. Medicines thrown in this way can harm the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard Venlafaxine.
Taking a single dose of an expired Venlafaxine capsule is unlikely to produce an adverse event. However, please contact your major health provider or pharmacist for proper advice or if you feel sick or restless hence. Expired medicines may be ineffective in treating the conditions as directed by you. To avoid the risk it is important not to take expired medicine. If you have a chronic illness that requires constant medication, such as heart disease including epilepsy and life-threatening allergies so, it is much safer to keep in touch with your major health care provider so that you have a fresh supply of medicines available.
Please consult your doctor or pharmacist or refer to the product package.
Generic Name: venlafaxine
Brand Name: Effexor, Effexor XR
Drug Class: Antidepressants, SNRIs
We care-all.com‘s sole intention is to ensure that its consumers get information that is expert-reviewed, accurate, and trustworthy. However, the information contained herein should NOT use as a substitute for the advice of a qualified physician. The information provided here is for informational purposes only. This may not cover all possible side effects, also drug interactions, warnings, or alerts. Please consult your doctor and discuss all your queries related to any disease or medicine. We intend to support or not replace, and the doctor-patient relationship.