Anaemia is a lack of haemoglobin and red blood cell in the body. Red blood cells and haemoglobin, the molecule in red blood cells that make them red, are important because they carry oxygen from the lungs to other body parts. Oxygen is very much important to us and our body parts. So It is very important to find and treat the cause of the anaemia as well as the anaemia itself.
Symptoms of Anemia
Might be you have not symptoms in Anemia. Mostly The Symptoms depends on the reason(causes) of Anemia. But there are few common symptoms If you have anaemia
- You will short of breath and feel tired, even when doing things you could usually do easily.
- You may also have a fast or irregular heartbeat.
- Have cold feet or hands.
- Look pale,
- Having fatigue.
- Chest pain.
- Feel dizzy or faint.
- Having headaches
if you have any of these symptoms, then It is very important to meet your doctor otherwise anaemia can worsen with worsening symptoms.
One can become anaemic if:
- when our body doesn’t make enough healthy red blood cells in our bone marrow – this can be due to a bone marrow disease or inherited disease.
- lose red blood cells through bleeding, whether that be heavy periods, one so slow or a fast bleed you didn’t even notice it.
- If a person has a disease that destroys red blood cells.
- lack of the nutrients required to make haemoglobin, such as iron.
Diagnosis of Anemia:
A blood test is usually performed to diagnose anaemia. If you have anaemia, your doctor will talk to you and examine you to work out how severe the anaemia is, and what the cause could be. The doctor might ask you for more test depending on your condition.
Causes of anaemia
- Iron deficiency
- Vitamin deficiency
- Anaemia of inflammation
- Aplastic anaemia
- Anaemias associated with bone marrow disease
- Hemolytic anaemias
- Sickle cell anaemia
Treatment of anaemia:
The treatment depends on the cause. But there are usually two parts:
- Treating the anaemia itself.
- Treating the cause of the anaemia.
Prevention of anaemia:
You can reduce your chances of getting anaemia by:
1. By having healthy diet.2. If you are feeling unusually tired then consult with your doctor.