Poxet medicine is an oral medication prescribed to treat men who suffer from premature ejaculation. The medication is quick-acting and eliminated from the body making it suitable for this purpose. Poxet treats for premature ejaculation in adult men aged 18 to 64 years.
How to take Poxet?
Poxet tablets are generally well absorbed and attain their peak in 1.5 hours after taking. Patients are advised to take a dose of 1-3 hours before sexual intercourse. One can take a Poxet tablet with or without food. The tablet should be swallowed with plenty of fluids instead of swallowing or chewing it completely. Do not take more than one tablet in 24 hours. It is not suitable for daily use.
Although Poxet treats premature ejaculation, Poxet can cause an allergic reaction (although very rare). Possible allergic reactions include:-
- itchy skin rashes
- swelling especially on the face, lips, also throat
- difficulty breathing or swallowing, fainting.
Side effects are possible but do not always occur in all patients.
Some commonly found side effects may include:
- Such as Irritability.
- Erection problems.
- Digestion problems like constipation.
- feeling and being sick.
- Flushing and sweating.
- Shaking and trembling.
- Nasal congestion.
- Concentration problems.
- Stomach pain.
- Tiredness and feeling sleepy.
- Dry mouth.
- A rise in blood pressure.
It is always advised please do consult the doctor before taking this medicine.
Common dose of dapoxetine
- Health / medical condition of the patient
- reaction to the first dose
- History of allergy/drug reactions
You should not take more than one tablet once in 24 hours. The overdose of this tablet can be harmful to one’s health. If you missed a dose, take the next dose if prescribed. Consult your doctor once before taking this tablet.
Things to take care of while using Poxet
- The dose should increase most of 30mg at once when the response to 30 mg Poxet is not enough.
- Never exceed recommended doses or prolonged use without the doctor’s consent.
- Poxet should use with caution in elderly patients above 65 years, people suffering from kidney and liver as well as many diseases so, In such patients, the dosage should change according to the doctor’s recommendations right hence.
There is a risk of interactions whenever you take more than one drug or mix it with any other food or beverage. Using alcohol while taking this medicine can cause severe loss of sensation, movement of the body, include sleep abnormalities. This drug interacts with tramadol, warfarin, and ritonavir. This drug interacts with impaired liver function, depression, and glaucoma. Patients suffering from heart problems should not consume this medicine as it may cause a rapid drop in blood pressure. Avoid alcohol with this medication immediately.
Q. How long does poxet make you last?
Ans. Dapoxetine is rapidly eliminated; its initial half-life is approximately 1.4 hours for both doses, compared with 21 hours to 4 days for other SSRIs14. Dapoxetine has a terminal half-life of 18.7 hours for the 30 mg dose and 21.9 hours for the 60 mg dose15.
Q. When should I take poxet?
Ans. Dapoxetine should only be taken 1 to 3 hours before sexual activity is anticipated. Do not take this medicine more than once 24 hours or every day.