Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic medicine that fights bacteria in the body. It treats a wide variety of bacterial infections:-
- Joint infections.
- Respiratory or sinus infections.
- Urinary tract infections.
- Certain types of diarrhea.
- Include skin infections.
This medication is also used to treat people who have been exposed to anthrax or a plague-like illness.
This antibiotic treats many bacterial infections. Ciprofloxacin is a quinolone antibiotic, which means it belongs to a group of antibiotics known as quinolones. It works by preventing bacteria from growing.
This antibiotic is sole treats bacterial infections. It won’t work if you have a viral infection. When an antibiotic treats when it isn’t needed, it loses its effectiveness for future illnesses.
Ciprofloxacin to treat or prevent bacterial illnesses:-
- Such as pneumonia,
- Gonorrhea (a sexually transmitted disease),
- Typhoid fever.
- Infectious diarrhea (diseases that cause severe diarrhea),
- Joint infections.
Ciprofloxacin ophthalmic ointment
This drug treat infections in the eyes. Ciprofloxacin is a quinolone antibiotic, which means it belongs to a group of antibiotics known as quinolones. It works by preventing bacteria from growing. Only bacterial eye infections treat with this medicine. Other types of eye infections will not respond to this treatment. Antibiotics might lose their potency if they use.
Ciprofloxacin is used
It treats various types of bacterial infections used in the treatment or prevention of the following diseases or symptoms:
- Such as Infectious diarrhea.
- Typhoid (enteric fever).
- Inhalation anthrax.
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis.
- Urinary tract infections.
- Skin and soft tissue infections.
- Such as Pneumonia.
- Acute sinus.
- Bone and joint infections.
- Intra-abdominal infections.
Ciprofloxacin can also treat for other purposes mentioned above.
How to take Ciprofloxacin
Ciprofloxacin tablets are generally well absorbed and should be swallowed with water at once. They can take with or without food.
The dosage regimen should be adjusted according to the needs of individual patients, the type of infection, or as advised by the doctor.
- If you miss a dose, take the dose as soon as you remember.
- If the time for your next dose is near, skip the missed dose and resume your dosage schedule.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up for the missed dose.
- It should not take in higher doses than prescribed.
- Taking more medications or with increased frequency will not improve your symptoms; Rather they can cause serious side effects.
- In case of dosage, consult your doctor immediately.
- Ciprofloxacin is ineffective in treating viral infections such as common cold, flu, etc.
- Excessive use or unnecessary use may cause antibiotic resistance or a decrease in antibiotic effectiveness.
- This medicine should not treat this type of health problem: such as patients allergic to ciprofloxacin, such as patients allergic to medicines belonging to the quinolone family, include patients suffering from kidney disease, also or patients with dialysis.
- During pregnancy or planning to become pregnant then contact the doctor.
- This medicine should use very carefully during pregnancy as it also may adversely affect the fetus.
- This tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive. However, some patients may experience dizziness as a side effect, in such cases, it should use with caution while driving heavy machinery.
- Side effects are possible but do not always occur in all patients.
- Common side effects may include nausea, vomiting, sour belching, diarrhea, dizziness, headache, also altered taste sensation, including skin rash.
- In such cases, call your doctor immediately and see the doctor immediately.
- Tell your doctor about all of your prescriptions, vitamins, and herbal supplements so that he or she can help you avoid the drug’s negative effects.
- This may increase your risk of side effects or because of this, your medicine may not work well.
- Tell your doctor about all the medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that your doctor can help you avoid the side effects of the drug.
wecare-all.com’s sole intention is to ensure that its consumers get to include more information that is expert-reviewed, accurate, and trustworthy. However, the information contained herein should NOT be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified physician. The information provided here is for informational purposes right hence. This may not cover all possible side effects, also drug interactions, or warnings, or alerts. Please consult your doctor and discuss all your queries related to include any disease or medicine. We intend to support, not replace, the doctor-patient relationship.
Q. What is the work of ciprofloxacin?
Ans. It is used to treat serious infections, or infections when other antibiotics have not worked. It’s used to treat bacterial infections, such as chest infections (including pneumonia) skin, and bone infections.
Q. Can you take 2 Cipro at once?