Chantix (Champix Generic)medicine helps you stop smoking. To increase your chances of success, use this medicine with a stop-smoking program.
Quitting smoking lowers your risk of heart and lung disease, as well as cancer. Varenicline works by blocking the effects of nicotine on the brain.
- The usual recommended dosage of this is 0.5 mg capsules taken once daily for three consecutive days. , take 1 mg capsule of this prescription drug twice every day for the rest of the treatment duration, which usually lasts for 12 weeks.
- On the successful completion of the treatment, it is advisable to undergo another 12 weeks of treatment with a view to helping long-standing self-restraint from smoking.
- This prescription drug should take with a full glass (8 ounces) of water and always after taking food. To find out that the medicine does not harm the functioning of your kidneys, you need to undergo regular tests. Most, never take this drug if you are allergic to any substance.
How does work?
- Nicotine transports to your brain when you smoke, where it binds to nicotine receptors.
- A chemical called dopamine releases, making you feel good. Then your dopamine levels drop.
- This makes you want another cigarette. CHANTIX attaches to nicotine receptors in the brain, so that nicotine can’t. With CHANTIX, dopamine is still released, but less so than with nicotine that these actions are how CHANTIX may help you quit smoking.
If you miss a dose of varenicline, take it as soon as possible. But, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Using more medication will not improve your symptoms, rather it can cause poisoning or serious side effects.
If you suspect that you have overdosed on Chantix Tablet, please seek the help of a doctor immediately.
Get emergency medical attention if you have signs of an allergic reaction to Chantix (hives, hard breathing, swelling of your face or throat) or a severe skin reaction (fever, sore throat, eye irritation, skin pain, red or Purple blisters, and rash with peeling).
Before using Chantix Tablet, inform your doctor about your current used medications, (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Blood vessel
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Plan to become pregnant
Chantix Tablet Interactions
If you use other drugs or over-the-counter products at the same time, the effects of Chantix Tablet may change. This may increase your risk for side effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that your doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Chantix Tablet may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Nasal spray
- Nicotine gum
- Skin patches
wecare-all.com’s sole intention is to ensure that its consumers get information that is expert-reviewed, accurate, and trustworthy. However, the information contained herein should NOT be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified physician.
The information provided here is for informational purposes only. This may not cover all possible side effects, drug interactions, warnings, or alerts. Please consult your doctor and discuss all your queries related to any disease or medicine. We intend to support, not replace, the doctor-patient relationship.
Q. How quickly does CHANTIX work?
Ans. Some people need a few weeks for Chantix to work best. In studies, 44% of its users were quit during weeks 9 to 12 of treatment (compared to 18% on sugar pills). Some people who smoked after their Quit Date was able to quit successfully.
Q. Does CHANTIX make you gain weight?